The X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition's quality shine is achieved through six advanced stages.
- 1: The milled magnesium top cover comes from the mold.
- 2: A chemical conversion coating is applied to prevent oxidation from contact with the air.
- 3: Using a black base coat (primer), shadow areas are darkened allowing the highlights to stand out.
- 4: The graphite silver texture is added using multiple thin-layer technology. Tiny amounts of graphite are applied via computer control while rotating the body at a high speed.
- 5: A minor amount of black is added to the clear finish coating, creating the unique glossy feel.
- 6: Areas, such as the logo, are coloured by hand.