Feature 5Auto Scene Recognition
Whether you're capturing photos and movies from land or underwater, the XP50 / XP51 gives you the option of automatic scene settings or choosing it yourself.
6 Scene SR AUTO
Framed scenes are automatically detected and the appropriate camera setting is selected from Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Night Portrait and Backlit Portrait.
Recognizes portraits by detecting the faces quickly in the frame and optimizing focus, brightness and white balance.
Scenic shots such as mountains and buildings are automatically recognized. Colours of the sky, forests and flower gardens are captured in vivid colour and depth.
For low-light and night-time scenarios, shutter speed and sensitivity are automatically adjusted, producing blur-free pictures with minimal noise.
Macro mode sets the focusing position so that the details of small flowers or tiny subjects are captured accurately.
When photographing people at night or in low light, SR AUTO optimizes flash range, shutter speed, and exposure of the portraits, while capturing smooth and luminous background.
Optimizes the brightness of faces that usually end up in shadow and underexposed because of the light behind your subject.
Versatile Shooting Modes
In addition to a wide range of shooting modes, the FinePix XP50 / XP51 offers a selection of versatile scene positions that ensure optimum results no matter what the scene.
- SR AUTO
- Frame your shot and SR AUTO intelligently recognizes the scene and selects the ideal settings.
- The easiest mode for taking pictures. Use this for ordinary photography.
- Program AE
- An automatic mode to set the white balance and exposure.
- Pro Low-light
- Takes a series of four high-sensitivity and low-noise exposures then combines them into an image with less noise.
- HDR (Dynamic Range)
- Each time the shutter button is pressed, the camera takes a series of shots, each with a different exposure. These are combined into a single image, preserving detail in highlights and shadows.
- Natural Light & with Flash
- Shoots 2 images continuously, without flash and with flash. Comes in handy during marginal shooting situations.
- Natural Light
- Produces beautiful images that retain the natural ambience when shots are taken in low-light conditions.
- Set for shooting portraits. Skin tones are softened as it enhances the overall natural look.
- Portrait Enhancer
- Automatically enhances skin tone.
- Best for shooting scenery in daylight, capturing clear and sharp shots of buildings and mountains effectively.
- Motion Panorama 360
- Sweep the camera right or left to create a 360 degree panoramic image.
- Quickly recognizes persons or objects in motion for a faster shutter speed to help you catch the perfect moment.
- For shooting evening and night scenes, the picture is taken with a slow shutter.
- Night (Tripod)
- Clear shots of twilight scenes using a tripod.
- Capture sunset scenes in vivid colour.
- Adapts snow scenes to eliminate unnatural darkened images or making the whole screen white.
- Clear shots of people without darkened images under strong sunlight.
- Best for shooting underwater to capture clear images of the ocean blue.
- Underwater (Wide)
- Captures a wide view in a clear underwater picture that enhances the wonder of the water world.
- Underwater (Macro)
- Capture underwater subjects up close with clarity and in vibrant colour.
- Best for shooting indoor weddings or parties. Retains the natural ambience in low-light conditions.
- Capture clear close-up shots of blooming flowers rich in colour.
- Clear shots of letters on a document or white board.
- * Sample photos are simulated images.